Let's see how long it takes me to eat a bottle of Blair's Mega Death Sauce

Monday, December 27, 2010

End of the End, Start of the Start

This experiment has come to a close. The bottle is done and I drained every drop out of it. I didn't post everything I put hot sauce on and every saucy experience I had, but that's most likely for the best.





Towards the end, I went so far as to fill it back up again and with taco sauce, so I could get the little bit stuck to the edges. The super spicy taco sauce worked really well, the hint of Dave's gave the tacos a nice smouldering heat that didn't overpower but gave it a kick.  






So that's that. It took me about six months, I ate many many tacos, a smattering of pizza, some grinders and a lot of mac 'n cheese. I got adjusted to the heat quite quickly and found myself adding more and more. I really want to kick it up a notch next time and try a hotter hot sauce, that's why I'm proud to announce a new nonscientific experiment this time with Blair's Mega Death Sauce.




I was lucky enough to receive a bottle of Blair's Mega Death Sauce for the holidays and now get to start over again this time with an even hotter sauce. Mega death sauce is rated 550,000 Scoville Heat Units, a step up from Dave's Insanity Sauce. First on the Blairs spiced food train is of course tacos. Rather simple tacos from me but I was bored at the store and just wanted to go home. A little faux meat, beans, cheese, guacamole and then a few drops of Blair's.

This is my first experience with Blair's so I started out carefully putting three drops on the tacos. I put so little on them that I got a nice balance of heat and flavor. I have high hopes for the rest of my new bottle buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment